To sign up for eStatements, you must first be enrolled in Mid-Minnesota’s Online Banking*. If you are already enrolled in Online Banking, follow these simple instructions to sign up for eStatements:
- Log in to MMFCU Online Banking
- Click on the “My Accounts” widget
- Click on the “Statements” tab at the top
- Click “Subscribe”
- Read through the disclosures and click “I Agree”
- Open the PDF to access your “Code”
- Enter your code in the box provided on the disclosures page and “Hit Subscribe” You now have access to your Statements online 24 hours a day!
* If you are not an Online Banking user yet, click here and follow the simple steps. You will need to have your phone number, email address and social security number available.
Video TutorialsThe below video tutorials give you a step-by-step visual on how to 1) Register for the First Time, 2) Retrieve a Forgotten Password, and 3) Set Up Your Online Banking.
Yes, if you are having trouble with the new system and need to make a quick transaction, you can utilize MMFCU’s Phone Teller. You can conduct your credit union business by touchtone telephone, 24 hours a day. With Phone Teller, you’ll be able to get balance information, verify deposits, find out if checks have cleared, and even make withdrawals and transfers. Phone Teller is a free service. Call (218) 829-1455, or toll-free: 1-800-325-7881.
(And, if you utilized our previous Online Banking system, you do not need to register for Phone Teller. Your password is the same as it previously was on the old Online Banking system. If you have not yet used MMFCU’s Online Banking system, you will need to register for Phone Teller using the primary member’s Social Security Number first.)
Where do I go to register for MMFCU’s Online Banking?Go to MMFCU's Home Page and click on the Online Banking link at the top of the page or type onlinebanking.mmfcu.org into your browser.
Will I be able to see all the accounts I am joint on?Yes, one of the features of Online Banking is the ability to see ALL accounts you are joint on.
Where do I find tax information?
If you are the primary account holder, you will be able to see the Credit Card and RELN (mortgage) balances on our Online Banking system. Joint account holders will not have access to this information through the Online Banking system.
What browser should I use with Online Banking?
- Desktop: Latest 2 versions of Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. IE9, IE10, IE11.
- Tablet / Mobile Browsers: IOS6 and above. Native browser and Chrome browser for Android versions 2.3.x and above.
What are some options with MMFCU's Online Banking?
- Accounts - Allows users to review balance information and transaction history on all account they are associated with.
- Alerts (Notifications) - Configurable alerts and notifications will allow members to be more aware of what’s happening with their accounts. Users will be able to choose to receive/not receive the following notifications via email or text messaging: weekly balance summary, a balance exceeded or went below a certain threshold, a transaction over a specified amount, exceeded spending for a specific category, exceeded spending for a specific budget, goal completed, goal off schedule, transfer success, transfer failure, and more!
- Budgeting - The Budgeting features will allow users to setup different budgets, associate budgets with different accounts, categorize transactions, and track spending.
- Dashboard - The Dashboard is a personalized landing page that shows account balance information, future transactions, past transactions, financial education, Credit Union news, featured themes, featured widgets, and more.
- Draft Services - This will allow users to search for cleared check images, reorder checks, and request stop payment on a check.
- End User Site Settings - Allows users to make changes to their profile, add features, and adjust their Internet Banking experience.
- Financial Tips, Education and Access to Relevant News Articles - This new system will allow MMFCU to provide educational content based on your individual interests!
- Message Center - The Message Center will allow users to communicate securely with Member Service Specialists from Mid-Minnesota Federal Credit Union.
- Savings Goals - Online Banking users can set up savings goals and dictate how funds will be allocated to those goals!
- Transferring Funds - Whether it is moving between a member’s personal accounts or to family and friends, transferring funds and making loan payments will be super easy!
video or step-by-step printable PDF that demonstrates how to set up or change your personal profile, activate banking widgets, receive notifications and more!
video tutorial or print out this PDF of step-by-step instructions.
Does MMFCU offer Remote Deposit Capture?Yes, with MMFCU’s free mobile app, you will have the ability to make mobile deposits! With this feature, you can take a picture of a check and automatically deposit it into your specified account right from your Apple or Android phone anytime, anywhere!
Is Mobile Banking available?Yes! MMFCU members are now able to download Mobile Banking Apps for both Android and iOS. Get ready to access your account information anywhere you go, completely secure!
• Account Balances
• Account Transfers (Deposit & Loan)
• Remote Deposit
Yes, you can pay bills from your HSA. If you are currently not seeing this as an option, please contact your local branch so we can give you access.
Click here for the iOS app
Click here for the Android app