Know Your Credit Score
Setting goals is your first step toward achieving your dreams.
Errors on your credit report can negatively affect your credit score and ability to get a loan, rent an apartment, and even get a job. Monitoring your credit score regularly can also protect against identity theft and fraud.
Mid Minnesota Federal Credit Union has your financial well-being as our number one priority, so we are making it easy for you as we partner with Savvy Money® so that you can monitor your credit score while using online and mobile banking.
- Start by logging into online or mobile banking.
- Then click "Check Your Score" where you see an image similar to the one shown here, coming in January.
- Annually, download your full credit report from annualcreditreport.com and read through them carefully using the Credit Report Checklist as a guide of what errors to look for. Make three copies of the checklist, one for each of the three nationwide credit reporting companies: Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.
- If you find any mistakes on your credit reports, you should dispute them and we can help. Mid Minnesota has a Disputing errors on your credit reports resource that walks you through how to do this.
- Continue to monitor your score to ensure you have not been a victim of identity theft.
If you are building your credit toward an 850 score, the best ways to improve your score are to: pay bills on time, use less than 30% of your available credit, and monitor your credit regularly.